I am no expert and this is far from comprehensive, but here are some resources that have been valuable to me. First, here are some links that I like to use to find useful tools and privacy-respecting servies.
- PrivacyTools.io: A great primer on privacy with some utilities you can use.
- That One Privacy Site: Home of a great VPN comparison and other privacy info. I shouldn't recommend any specific VPN for everyone, so this site is the best place to start your own research.
- Have I Been Pwned?: Learn if your email was included in any data leaks so you can know which passwords need to be updated immediately.
- EFF Surveiance Self Defense
- Podcast: Security Now
If you are looking for immediate answers, I currently use and can recommend these browser extensions:
- uBlock Origin: A wide spectrum ad blocker
- HTTPS Everywhere: Make sure you are using HTTPS whenever it is available.
- Privacy Badget: Block online trackers.
Beyond browser extensions, get a password manager. I won't recommend any specific one, but password managers will help you make and keep track of unique, random passwords for every site you use.